HomeLink Connect Garage Door Opener


Tesla Model 3 and Chamberlain Garage Door Open with myQ App


More than 2 years of my owning Model 3, I was thinking to buy a kit for my garage door opener for about $400. It needs to make an appointment with Tesla to install the device, not a DIY thing. Both the factors (price and time) deterred me to go for it. So I use my mobile app and smart watch app to open my garage door smartly. 

Over a month or so ago, I found that the smart watch app has disappeared. It was for a good reason. Without searching I looked at myQ app and found something has changed. There was a new announcement about "myQ connected garage for Tesla" - 30-day trial was very convenient.

More information available here


HomeLink Connect 

I signed up for trial. It's working great with some needed features like close the door automatically when you leave (I use). It can set the distance. For me it's about 20m. Other features including open the door automatically when you arrive home.

For first few days, I was searching for the icon. I used the "lock" area on Tesla screen to find the close and open feature. Later, I discovered that the icon is automatically appearing on the top of the screen. It disappears when I am away. Cool!!

It's almost time to renew and got an email. Interestingly, the email says that the garage door open and close feature will continue even after trial period. It could save my annual $45. Although I was ready to pay. Let me see how it goes.

I will update after a week or soo.

==============

Advertisement area below.

 


 


   

 =======================

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla: Revolutionizing the Automotive Industry